Re: MILW Gondola Painting

lrkdbn

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 07:53 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Here are model and prototype views of weathered plywood interiors.

Tim O'Connor

On 11/22/2021 2:54 PM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

I’m painting the RCW MILW composite gondola, and I’d like to know if the wood parts (sides and floor) were painted on the inside of the car body. I’m guessing it was, but the paint didn’t last very long, so in service appearance would be weathered wood with little paint.

Same question for the RCW NYC steel gondola with wood floor. Was the wood floor painted?

Nelson Moyer

Sterling, Massachusetts
Based on looking at many pictures of NYC composite gondolas, I would say the general practice on NYC was to leave the inside unpainted. My personal thought is that painted wood would be slippery in wet weather.
Larry King