"Blaster"

Clark Propst

There’s been discussions about grit blasting on the groups I frequent. Last spring/summer I bought a Central Pneumatic abrasive blaster gun as recommended on sale at some store. We were out of town and spotted that store, went in and bought one. Tried it out today. Nice day about 50, sun, little wind. I keep my old compressor in the garage. Can’t recall the specs and didn’t look while using the blaster. (calling it a ‘blaster’ is more Star Trekish ; ) Anyway the thing sucked air volume at a surprising rate. Would drop from 100 psi to 60 in 5 seconds. Then I’d have to wait for it to build up again. I was able to remove much of the paint off a plastic caboose Scalecoat stripper wouldn’t touch. Also did a adequate job of cleaning tarnished brass and roughing up a new piece. Time to prime the brass. I have some silver Scalecoat 1 I plan to use as a primer. One model will be basically orange and the other red. I do have Scalecoat 1 red, but think silver underneath might make the red pop a bit more?
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa