Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] "Blaster"

Tim O'Connor

Wow. I've been in noisier hospital rooms than that! 馃榿 You could paint on the kitchen
table during dinner and no one would even notice. 馃槀

On 12/1/2021 11:40 AM, Douglas Harding wrote:
dB rating on the Iwata Hammerhead Shark is 60 decibels.
Specifications
路 1/2 hp
路 1.5 Gallon Tank  5.7 L
路 2.15 CFM@open flow 61lpm
路 84-114 PSI max. pressure
路 110V or 60Hz
路 Overall dimensions 17 x 17 x 20"
路 55 Pounds  25kg

SilentAire Super-Silent 20-a compressor runs at 30dB and puts out .7CFM max 85psi

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 10:13 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] "Blaster"

What we need is a Db rating for them at, say, 10 feet.

Years ago I watched a custom painter doing seasonal window painting inside a Dunkin Donuts and the compressor was almost as quiet as a coffee maker... It had no tank.

On 11/30/2021 10:42 PM, steve_wintner via groups.io wrote:
Bill, i have 2 compressors, a Mr Hobby L7 and a Paasche DC600R.

The L7 maxes out around 25 psi, but is very quiet. The Paasche is
capable of higher pressures but is noisier - but quieter than some,
especially the home Depot type noisemakers. I'd recommend it but don't
know if it's "silent".

I think a gas tank may be your best bet.

Steve

Sterling, Massachusetts