Re: 3D Printing Trucks?

Nelson Moyer

The Buckeye (Elsey class 2D-F17 on PRR) resin cast trucks included with the YMW N&W B-5 boxcar run well with Intermountain wheel sets after cleanup with a reamer. I don’t know if the masters were 3D printed, but 3D printing and resin casting may be the way to go if 3D printed side frames are too fragile.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Betz
Sent: Friday, December 3, 2021 2:19 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] 3D Printing Trucks?

Hi,

  Do you know of anyone doing 3D printed trucks for freight cars that Operate Well?

  Back story - there are several different truck types that have never been done - and
which are of interest to 'limited' members of the modeling community.  I am certain
that these can be produced using 3D printing.  What I don't know is whether or not
they would operate as well as the typical Delrin trucks.
                                                                                                   - Jim in PNW