From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Dennis Storzek <dennis@...>
Date: Friday, December 3, 2021 at 3:38 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] 3D Printing Trucks?

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 12:19 PM, Jim Betz wrote:

What I don't know is whether or not
they would operate as well as the typical Delrin trucks.

Well, they will be more fragile. If you are worried about bearing wear, you might design them to use the nylon bearing inserts that Tichy designed into the 100 ton wrecker trucks. As I recall, these fit into a 3/32" diameter cylindrical hole (but don't design the part until you measure the bearings) and provide the standard 60* cone shaped bearing in a tougher material. I don't see these on the Tichy web site as a separate part, but Don is easy to deal with, so contact him and ask.
https://www.tichytraingroup.com/ContactUs.aspx

Dennis Storzek