Re: 3D Printing Trucks?

Kenneth Montero

Gene,

In addition, Walthers once made trucks with leaf springs (for cabooses) - no. 934-818 (Bettendorf-type trucks) and 932-892 (arch bar trucks). They had working leaf springs, but (if I recall correctly) the springs were oversized.

Ken Montero

On 12/03/2021 5:09 PM Steve Summers via groups.io <summers1218=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Maybe slightly off topic but similar, years ago someone made metal leaf springs inserts for HO sprung trucks. Could something like that be 3D printed? I need to find a source for several cars and have not found any of the metal ones (anyone know of a source?) so perhaps they could be 3D printed?
On Dec 3, 2021, at 4:46 PM, Gene Deimling <proto48@gmail.com> wrote:

I have attached a picture of a 3D printed truck. The truck is pretty durable. The scale 1/48.

Gene Deimling

Attachments:
image0.jpeg: https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/188744/0