Re: Steel Fabrication in the Twenties

al whitecar

If the flooring is wood, they wood use bolts to the steel framing below. No rivets with wood – fire

Allan whitecar

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Storzek
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2021 9:58 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Steel Fabrication in the Twenties

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 11:40 PM, Mark Vinski wrote:

Did they use holes for bolting the floor boards to the car? Cars that I have seen have clips on the bolts that go over the edge of the frame members.

They may have used clips on the center sill, but one of the photos in the previous discussion about these cars showed holes in the flange on the outside of the side sill, prompting a comment that he'd hate to have to drill them. I suspect that the drilling was done at GSC, using equipment similar to what is shown in the video.

Dennis Storzek