Re: "Roof Ribs" (was Murphy Radial Roof?)

Norm Buckhart

On Dec 23, 2021, at 9:51 AM, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

I think I’ve seen seam cap and car lines used here.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Dec 23, 2021, at 11:25 AM, Bob Chapman <chapbob4014@...> wrote:

Thanks to all who responded on- and off-line re radial roofs, both Murphy and Hutchins. For my purposes, I think I'll go with a cut-down Roundhouse 50-foot SS boxcar Murphy roof.

I was fully expecting to be thrown into terminology jail for my use of the word "ribs" on the roof. (Can anyone else remember adding stamped "roof ribs" to the wood roof in a Silver Streak kit?) For next time -- what is the correct prototype terminology for a "roof rib"?

Thanks,
Bob Chapman