Re: SFRD Questions

Tim O'Connor

This car was painted Texas Chief and it appears to be original paint - Can anyone identify the class?

Tim O'Connor

On 12/23/2021 8:53 AM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

I have a photo of 9241 with the new Chief slogan. I didn’t record the source. I think it’s the Santa Fe reefer book. The reweigh date is WC 47.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Gates via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2021 12:28 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] SFRD Questions

Does anyone have any photograph showing a Texas Chief slogan prior to 1954?

Jim Gates

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 12:06:58 PM CST, John Moore via groups.io <okladivjohn@...> wrote:

Here is my list of RR-45 SFRD slogans

RR-45 road numbers 9370-9869  500 cars

9516  El Capitan
9627  Chief
9679  Super Chief
9766  Grand Canyon
9638  Grand Canyon

Repaints may have the original slogan replaced with what slogan stencil was available in the paint shop.  All slogan stencils were not available at all paint shops from time to time.  New stencils for the Texas Chief (ca 1948), San Francisco Chief (ca 1957) slogans were also used to  replace previous slogans.

John B. Moore, Jr.

Sterling, Massachusetts