Re: Photos: Poling Action

william darnaby

Some 35 years ago at Monon historical society convention a retired Monon trainman, who had been in the airborne in Europe during the war, told how his local job stopped at Shelby, IN where the Monon crossed the NYC.  Inside the depot a NYC man was lying on the floor dying after the pole snapped in two and impaled his abdomen.  This Monon man said that the injury was as bad as anything he saw in the war. Poling was dangerous.

Bill Darnaby

On Friday, December 31, 2021, 03:13:14 PM CST, Scott <repairman87@...> wrote:

That just looks sketchy as can be.  That does remind me that I still.want a yellow MKT boxcar.

Scott McDonald