Re: Accurail DDR 40’ Boxcar Prototype.

O Fenton Wells

Actually, my bad, that photo is of Bob Chapman's Sunshine kit, here is my McKean copy with Boas parts.  Bob's model was my motivation as I couldn't find a Sunshine kit.
Fenton

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 8:18 AM O Fenton Wells via groups.io <srrfan1401=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bruce in my opinion is a C&BT, Front Range or McKean kit.  Not sure about the doors.  It is probably not too far off for the M-59 that it looks to be.  Not sure of the ends and the M-59 had 2 different sized doors.  Some more research is needed but it is a good starting point.  I have a bunch of these kits as they represent 10'-4" or 10'-6"IH 40 ft DD cars (depending on your tolerance for that detail. And they came in different roof and end types. Chad Boas makes the doors, ends and side sills for the B&O M-59
My $0.02 worth.  I bashed one of these using the McKean kit and Boas ends and doors and Speedwitch decals (Now National Scale Car Co).  Photo attached
Fenton

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 4:28 AM Bruce Griffin <bdg1210@...> wrote:
This might be a an easy question for the group. I did do a search on the topic with no related results. I have an old B&0 decorated boxcar I will either give to a new modeler at a train show or turn into a useable prototype model. I am sure Dennis will tell me the prototype and hoping others will give me a source of decals. Or the other case, I  give it to the Historical Society and they use it as a give away for a new member. I have some Walther's hoppers headed in that direction. Thank you for your input.

Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD
https://bomodeling.com/blog/

--