Re: Accurail DDR 40’ Boxcar Prototype.

Mike Clements

You have to trim the sill, but it is essentially a Great Northern prototype (series 3500-3999 I think.) 12' doors on 40' car was somewhat passe by the mid 1950s, so you aren't going to find too many more prototypes to match those sides with a diagonal panel roof and late improved dreadnaught ends (Wabash maybe? -  if there are other cars close to this spec I'd love to know). This was a Front Range or McKeen car that Accurail retooled with cast on details and their standard underframe. I have a set of the jumbo GN decals from Champ (first photo of GN 3582) that I still intend to use after I rebuild my Accurail car with Branchline ends.

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/gn/gn3582ajs.jpg
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/gn/gn-b3975.jpg

Mike Clements
Wakefield, MA