Re: Cocoa Beach 2022

Brian Carlson

Ez-pass worked for me in 2020. Didn’t make it this year.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jan 12, 2022, at 7:27 PM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Fla toll roads don't or didn't take I pass or any other states pass.  They know how to make a buck on the plethora of tourists that visit the state.
Believe me with I pass I tried.
Fenton

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 7:15 PM Alexander Schneider Jr <aschneiderjr@...> wrote:
If you have a tollway pass from one of the Eastern states with toll roads,  Illinois in my case, you can register your rental car temporarily and bring your transponder. I did need to get a pair of the Velcro mounting strips that stick to the windshield.

Alex Schneider

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 6:52 PM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI
<bpehni@...> wrote:
Don’t forget the Orlando-area penchant for toll roads.

Thanks!
Brian Ehni
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Jan 12, 2022, at 4:58 PM, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

After the decline, and the later end of Chicago "Sons-of-Naperville", I felt that Mike Brock's Cocoa Beach was due to be the replacement. It has a similar vibe, is well organized and has steady growing participation.  Several things I felt were hindering C.B., mostly was its location. After removing the pluses of the traditional warmer climate of Florida, the great distance from the closet international airport combined with rudimentary public transport forcing a car rental almost certain, all which makes Florida a less ideal venue for an RPM meet. Add to the Orlando air fare's higher prices and we see a C.B. trip is more expensive then the Chicago meets.

I have personally ruled out air flights for CV-19 reasons, and for me a cross country drive to Florida from California is daunting. The most recent Collinsville RPM meet (2021), a friend of mine paired up with me on renting a car and we took a 2 week road trip which in looking back was of greater total enjoyment with Collinsville being an icing-on-the-cake treat.

Because of my self-imposed ban on air flights, my chances to attend next year's Cocoa Beach remains in Jeopardy. Looking back, Martin's choice for venue and time was genius. The post-Martin meets were on an impressive upswing and the loss certainly severe for me.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

--
Fenton Wells