Re: DT&I boxcar color early 1950's

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Nelson and Pierre. Really appreciate the help.

On Jan 16, 2022, at 1:36 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

I inquired when I was building my YMW DT&I car, and I’ve pasted in a summary of responses.

Black – ends, underframe, roof, corner grab irons, and trucks

Freight car brown – sides

Running board and brake step were unpainted steel.

The DT&I Historical Society recommends a Floquil mix of 1 part Rust and 1 part Boxcar Red.

One modeler used a mix of Scalecoat II Oxide Red and Scalecoat Boxcar Red #3.

I used the Floquil mix. Hope that’s helpful.

Nelson Moyer