Re: TA&G 7006

mopacfirst

The original, Fe-R had a 7/5/5 outward Murphy end, a radial roof and a fishbelly centersill.  I believe they were about 10'-0" inside height.  When the were rebuilt, 1942-43, they got a new upper end panel with one outward corrugation and a peaked roof contour.  That change to a peaked Murphy roof may explain why this panel was used instead of a flat piece, similarly to how the Bx-12 new end piece was added except that the Bx-12 was an inverse Dreadnought.  This left the Bx-40 as a 1/7/5/5 end.  I don't know if there are any photos on line.

Model wise, you'd probably have to splice this.

Ron Merrick