Re: West India Fruit Company Boxcars

Robert G P

That is correct Dennis, also the green paint appeared in the late 50's.

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 5:03 PM Dennis Storzek <dennis@...> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 12:10 PM, Michael Palmieri wrote:
Just to add to what others have posted, in 1954 WIF acquired the SEATRAIN NEW ORLEANS, renamed it SEA LEVEL, and began operating it between the Seatrain terminal along the Mississippi River and the Missouri Pacific just south of New Orleans and Havana.
That may explain why and when the ship outline used in the herald changed. See message 189651 for examples. What I think was the earlier herald has a ship with a vertical prow and a longer superstructure, the later ship was much more streamlined. All the wood reefers I've seen photos had the more streamlined ship.

Dennis Storzek