Re: LOOKING FOR PLATFORN FOR A KADEE 11,000 GALLON 105A TANK CAR

Bill Keene

Tom,

Yes. This may turn into a small scratch building project. Drawings would be a great help.

Thanks & Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jan 17, 2022, at 1:12 PM, Thomas Birkett <tnbirke@...> wrote:

If I have drawings of the PPCo car, would that help?
Tom Birkett
Bartlesville, OK

 IIOn Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 2:51 PM, Bill Keene via groups.io
<bill41@...> wrote:
Easy to answer…

First, I was looking for a car that required the least revision to the factory lettering. Using the car I purchased would require only revising the reporting initials and numbers. The plan being to revise the initials and numbers and add a self-printed decal for the lease assignment. Change wheel sets to semi-scale. Change couplers to Sergents. Then lightly weather a bit. OK… I am also a bit lazy.

Second, it was a senior moment… forgot about the platform requirement. Happens sometimes. More than I am willing to admit.

To all that have responded … a big THANK YOU. I am presently going though the suggestions.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jan 17, 2022, at 12:32 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

If you wanted a car with the platform, why didn't you buy a car with the platform? :-\

On 1/17/2022 1:30 PM, Bill Keene via groups.io wrote:
I recently picked up a Kadee model of their 11,000 gallon 105A pressure tank car to model a car in the SHPX 1800-1941 number series, ACF Lot 3365, as a car leased to Phillips Petroleum Company. I chose the Kadee model based on the fact that it was the plainest paint scheme requiring on the revising the lettering to be accurate. Unfortunately, this model did not have the 6'-6" x 4'-7" platform. Hopefully someone on this list can offer suggestions of a source to obtain a platform. See attached photo.

I have contacted Kadee and received a reply that they did not sell this part.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

Attachments: