From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2022 1:26 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] LOOKING FOR PLATFORN FOR A KADEE 11, 000 GALLON 105A TANK CAR

Bill,

Here are some possibilities:
Plano nos. 303 and 305
Atlas no. 8820000141 Safety Rail set

A definite possibility:
Tangent Scale Models (tank dome platform) - no number

This may be a candidate, if modified:
Precision Scale no. 3576
See Tony Thompson's blog on modifying the Athearn part (similar to the PSC part) - http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2014/05/upgrading-tank-car-dome-platforms.html

I don't know if the Athearn part can be obtained from Athearn, but look for part no. 15512 for the platform (plastic) and 15513 for the railing (bent steel wire) Others in this group may have that information.

Tyco, at one time, had such a part, similar in size to the Athearn part - part. no. 4117.

Ken Montero
On 01/17/2022 1:30 PM Bill Keene via groups.io <bill41@...> wrote:

I recently picked up a Kadee model of their 11,000 gallon 105A pressure tank car to model a car in the SHPX 1800-1941 number series, ACF Lot 3365, as a car leased to Phillips Petroleum Company. I chose the Kadee model based on the fact that it was the plainest paint scheme requiring on the revising the lettering to be accurate. Unfortunately, this model did not have the 6'-6" x 4'-7" platform. Hopefully someone on this list can offer suggestions of a source to obtain a platform. See attached photo.

I have contacted Kadee and received a reply that they did not sell this part.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA