Re: Shell tankcar for my Quincy-model-RR

Tim O'Connor

No, the Shell corporate emblem was applied in the 1950's or earlier. The proto photo I posted of the Type 21
at Taylor Yard is probably from 1958 plus or minus 1 year.

On 1/17/2022 4:21 PM, Fred Jansz wrote:
Thanks Tim,
I see Gene's car's air reservoir has been serviced at Oroville, WP!
Beautiful model. Decals probably by Protocraft, wish they were available in HO too.
I guess the Shell logo was added when the car was restored by the Shell guys (in the 1960's?).
Both of the pics I posted do not show the Shell herald, but a company name.
cheers, Fred

Sterling, Massachusetts