Wooden Box Cars with Peaked End Sheathing

Charles Greene

Does anybody have, or can anyone direct me to, photo(s) of wood box cars where the end sheathing (tongue and groove I presume) runs all the way to the peak of the car? Photos I've found so far of wood-sheathed box cars are those where the end sheathing stops at a horizontal line running from one side to the other. From that line to the peak is fascia board. I've attached a photo of a kit drawing that illustrates this type of construction. From research I've done so far, such cars may have been built in the late 19th century. I'd like to decal the model I'm assembling with a historically-correct road name consistent with the period when such cars were built.

            -Chuck