Re: Structural Steel Loads – Colors?

Tim O'Connor

Raw structural steel is almost never painted (stuff like I beams or H beams etc) but fabricated steel loads
could be painted or unpainted - I have photos of both. Depends what it is for and whether it is a 'final' product
item or is an intermediate item used to make something else.

Attached is a shot of unpainted fabricated steel.

On 1/22/2022 7:41 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io wrote:

Structural Steel Loads – Colors?

I’ve seen models of structural steel loads that were painted, usually what appeared to be flat black but sometimes other colors.

Did various steel mills paint the structural steel products or were they usually left unpainted when shipped?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Attachments: