Re: Finish issues

Eric Hansmann

I followed the same decal setting steps as Nelson. I may not wick up the excess as much, but I wait until the decal areas are dry before adding more solution. I often need to poke some air holes with a pin before brushing on more solution. These are the steps I’ve used on many models that have been painted with acrylics.

Once I’m happy with the decals, then the gloss coat is applied. This might be a day after drying, or more. It depends upon the weather here.

I didn’t see any clouding after the gloss coat dried. It was another couple days until the flat coat was applied. I noticed the hazing after the flat coat had dried.

How could the flat coat react with anything under the gloss coat?

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN