Gesendet: Montag, 24. Januar 2022 um 23:11 Uhr
Von: "Tim O'Connor" <timboconnor@...>
An: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] Help ID on SP DD 50' single sheathed boxcar

Another shot of the end. The Walthers 50 foot single sheathed box car kit came
with this 3-3-3 end - and it's a separate part! (That is if you're brave enough to replace
the end on a brass model with a plastic part.)

Tim O'Connor

On 1/24/2022 3:25 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Johannes wrote:
sad to read this. I, too have one of these since this is the only 50' "outside-braced" box car made in brass. I already did some upgrades and want to replace the end ladders as these are only poorly looking "ladder strips", but now I am very interested which of the car ends is wrong and to what degree. Tony, Tim - do you can help, please?
The B end is modeled as a corrugated end, should be Dreadnaught. I think maybe the builder was misled by the Cyc drawing, which just shows the end ribs in profile like corrugated ones.

Below is a builder photo of a B end — actually an A-50-11 but differing only at the other end, the A end, where end doors were located (on -10) or not located (on -11).

Tony Thompson

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts