From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Storzek
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2022 6:22 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Another Finish Repair Question

I would try sanding only the area covered by the decal film with 220 or 380 grit wet or dry paper (available at an auto parts store that sells auto painting supplies or a GOOD hardware store). My favorite tool for this is an old artist brush handle cut off at an angle, to make a  elliptical flat surface that the paper is glued to. The purpose for sanding is to remove the clear finish over as much of the decal film surface as possible... when the decal printing starts to go away you know you're there. Then, flood the decal with a strong decal setting solution, to soften the film, keeping it wet until the film can be scrubbed off with a stiff paintbrush. With patience it is doable, but not quickly.

Dennis Storzek