Re: UP HK-50-3 Ballast Hopper

Tim O'Connor

Unfortunate about the trucks, but you may have used 100 ton trucks, which have a 5-10 wheelbase.
A 50 ton truck has a 5-6 wheelbase with 33" wheels.

Tim O'Connor

On 1/25/2022 5:30 PM, Allen Montgomery via groups.io wrote:
I believe I am done with the fine tuning of this 3D resin printed car. I spent yesterday adding the final under frame details that I can make out in the pictures. I know I missed a few things that are obscured by shadow in the black and white photos.
The second picture shows the amount of overhang of the wheel sets as I had to move them out to gain some room for the trucks to pivot. That was the one thing I had to change from the drawing in Terry Metcalfe's book. The final weight with hardware means I will have to add a little less than two ounces per car. I've been patiently waiting for some Tamiya primer for 3 months now and I regret I was not able to give this a coat to cut down on the resin shine and let the details pop.
Now it's time to find a decal set that will work for this car. Any suggestions?

Allen Montgomery

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts