Re: Finish issues

John Barry

Eric,

Remember those hot, muggy days of summer when you walked out of the air conditioned house and your glasses fogged?  The same may have happened when you brought the 50 degree models into the 70+ house and they picked up condensation.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines 
Golden Gates & Fast Freights 
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696 

On Monday, January 24, 2022, 04:46:06 PM EST, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Yes, the garage is brick. I open the garage door on days with 50+ degree temps to airbrush. I just did this with a few more models. I have a spray booth that is vented with the exhaust going out to the side of the garage. I open the door to warm the place up. It’s also easier to walk the models out to a small table on the driveway to encourage drying.

Tennessee can be pretty humid, but I sprayed the flat coat onto these models December 21st. It’s about the same weather here today with temps in the mid-50s and humidity at 38%. The models sit outside while I clean the airbrush and put supplies away. I move them to the dining room table to finish drying.

And now I wonder if the indoor humidity may have been a factor.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Dale
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2022 12:02 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Finish issues

Eric, 

You mentioned humidity and garage in your post. Is there any chance your garage is masonry in construct? I had this same issue pop up on two
cars I was working on in the past, at the same time. I felt that high humidity was the culprit. As you know living on the east it plagues us. My home, the main part is two foot thick stone walls, I work outside, so I’m one not to run the A/C in the summer, and this was the time frame in which I did decal these cars. Now, to your credit, patience prevailed, I on the other hand was off to the grit blast cabinet and started over. Now, I should mention I use a wide variety of paints, mostly Tru-Color, a few acrylics, and Scalecoat to round it out. That said, I’m not going to point a finger at the type of paint used, more Mother Nature.

Billy

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.