Re: Finish issues

John Barry

Eric,

Remember those hot, muggy days of summer when you walked out of the air conditioned house and your glasses fogged?  The same may have happened when you brought the 50 degree models into the 70+ house and they picked up condensation.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

On Monday, January 24, 2022, 04:46:06 PM EST, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

Yes, the garage is brick. I open the garage door on days with 50+ degree temps to airbrush. I just did this with a few more models. I have a spray booth that is vented with the exhaust going out to the side of the garage. I open the door to warm the place up. It’s also easier to walk the models out to a small table on the driveway to encourage drying.

Tennessee can be pretty humid, but I sprayed the flat coat onto these models December 21st. It’s about the same weather here today with temps in the mid-50s and humidity at 38%. The models sit outside while I clean the airbrush and put supplies away. I move them to the dining room table to finish drying.

And now I wonder if the indoor humidity may have been a factor.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN