Re: Red Caboose HO '37 AAR kits and why I ain't selling any of them

Brian Carlson

I tried to order 100 kits once too. They were not interested. I’ve given up on waiting and gone to alternate sources.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jan 28, 2022, at 5:15 PM, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

About three years ago, after a great deal of interest from this group, I placed an order for 700 Red Caboose '37 AAR kits in about a 2/3 volume for W-corner, the rest were sq corner. I awaited, and after only a vague response I later called and was told that I would be informed of their decision. I had offered to pre-pay the total before shipping to remove any fear that the order would be stiffed. I never heard back........

I have kits now on back order for over 5 years. I suspect I will never get them.

This kind of explains to me IM's interest in keeping undec kits alive.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:16:32 AM PST, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:
I would love to know if Intermountain would produce kits if we could get and order for 300-500 prepaid from modelers.  Not sure if there are that many of us bashers out here who would prepay for 10 or 20 of these kits to make the proposition profitable for IM.  They are a business and must be profitable to stay that way.
With Covid not many flea markets to shop either.
Just say'in
Fenton

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.