Re: Manifest of lading

Robert G P

I would say so. Thats really what I was referring to. I love seeing the load details.

-Bob

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 12:35 PM Ken Adams <smadanek44g@...> wrote:
Wouldn't a conductors list be considered the train's "manifest".  You could draw the nautical parallel where a ship has a manifest of all cargo and passengers. Each shipment within the manifest hs its own bill of lading covering the shipment contents, weights and measures,  shipper, consignee and payment information (FOB. etc.).

Like a ship's captain, the trains conductor must have a list or record by car of the reporting marks, destination, type and weight. Weight and length are particularly important.
--
Ken Adams
Omicron may come and go but I still live in splendid Shelter In Place solitude