Re: Rebuilt boxcar, Youngstown replacement 10-panel sides

O Fenton Wells

Thanks, hope you are doing well and staying safe
Fenton

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 10:06 PM hubert mask <maskisland@...> wrote:
No problem. Just looking at the nice work.

Hubert

On Feb 9, 2022, at 8:51 PM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

 Hubert, yessir those are your decals and I didn’t mention that,  my bad. Great job
Thanks
Fenton

On Feb 9, 2022, at 8:38 PM, hubert mask <maskisland@...> wrote:

 Nice job on the decal work.  First time I have seen a completed car with our decals

Hubert Mask
Mask Island Decals

On Feb 9, 2022, at 7:48 PM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Yessir Chad did the C&WC (ACL) boxcar at my urging.
Here is my version of it.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 6:18 PM mopacfirst <ron.merrick@...> wrote:
Fenton:

I had thought about the Atlas car, but the other day I couldn't find it on the website and today I still can't.  I figured it would be a Trainman series but I don't see it there or under the Master line.

I hadn't realized that the Chad Boas line had a 'rebuilt boxcar'.  That's probably exactly what I need.  And I'm familiar with the prototype since I did a couple of the original Sunshine version.  By the way, one of these cars still exists in Salina, Kansas.

I'm about to do some of the Sunshine conversions for various ATSF cars, since I picked up a couple of the underframe minikits.  The original Sunshine concept included a C&BT boxcar body, but I'll probably use an IM or Branchline body, depending on prototype, instead.  The reason I threw this question out is that there occasionally are prototypes that I run across and think that someday I could build that.  One that I've been thinking about is a Santa Fe Bx-11, 12 or 13 full steel body rebuild.

Ron Merrick

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd