Re: Detail Associates

Robert Ellis <bobjel67@...>

About a year ago, I looked on the back of several DA parts envelopes to see if I could find any contact information.  I found two different PO box numbers, so I sent a letter to each one. I offered to buy a minimum of 100 AB brake sets (229-6227), more if that's what it would take. I assume someone received the letters, because neither came back. But I never got an answer, either.  Offer's still open....

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022, 15:58 Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

DA is a one-person, part-time maker. Discussion in Dec 2021 (two months ago) on MFCL posts
say that the business is alive, if not well. I think there is a lot of old unsold stock out there, but the
really popular items (e.g. AB brake set) are almost impossible to find.

On 2/17/2022 2:23 PM, Richard Remiarz wrote:

Raymond,

They are not closed even though it may seem like it.  After not being available for years, I have recently purchased parts at various hobby shops that are new runs.  They are slowly getting parts back out to the market.  Looking at Walthers, about half of the part numbers are in stock.

Sincerely,

Rich Remiarz

Sterling, Massachusetts