Re: Detail Associates

Tim O'Connor

Scott

You can find images online easily enough. There were AB valve (with dimples),
the doo-hickey that attaches to the AB valve, retainer, reservoir, cylinder, several
mounting brackets, several levers/clevises, hand brake wheels, several hand brake
housings, chain links, and the 'piston' device that was introduced I think in the
1950's that goes in between the two main levers (which NO ONE else offers as
a detail part as far as I know).

AND all of the parts were pre-cored with HOLES for fine wire so if you use scale
wire for the rods and piping, you don't have to drill any tiny holes. It was a great
and very economical collection of detail parts.

Grandt Line made the tooling, and released the set under its own name, but DA
was the primary source for the set.

Tim O'Connor

On 2/21/2022 7:31 PM, Scott wrote:

What makes the DA AB brake set better then the others that are available?  I don't think I have ever seen one in person.  As mentioned above they are as rare as hens teeth.

Scott McDonald

Sterling, Massachusetts