Re: SEEKING PHOTOS

Tim O'Connor

Perhaps UP nixed that idea, since the Rock Island could siphon off some
Overland Route revenues. Not a problem with the SP as I can figure. WP on
the other hand, would seem much more of a siphon on the SP.

On 2/22/2022 6:45 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:

Steve Hile wrote;

Plus the RI sold their reefers to GATC in 1932, leasing back those it needed but now with GARX reporting marks.

Don’t forget that Rock Island approached PFE about 1950, asking if they could get the same deal the WP had (buy the reefers, let PFE run them, receive payments for use). I wrote about that, and made a “what if” model, as described here:

But PFE turned them down.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts