Re: Keeley Can

hubert mask

Which hot box detector caught it.  Was it the one hard to drive too.

Hubert

On Feb 27, 2022, at 10:24 AM, Larry Buell <lbuell@...> wrote:

Klaus,

That as what was done (babying the affected car) on the Santa Fe.  In the 1980s, we had a total failure of a roller bearing between Joliet and Romeo, on the Illinois Division.  The bearing turned white hot and metal was dripping along the right-of-way.  The train crew slow-walked along the main track, hoping that the car wouldn’t derail.   Fortunately, we still had side tracks at Romeo where the car was set out until the mechanical dept. wheel-truck could come and replace the wheel set.

Larry Buell