Re: Erie boxcar, late 1940s

Rich C

Chris, Those are "Inverse" Buckeye Ends. There are no known commercial parts. I have been fortunate to have Chad Boas mold some for me. The ones on this car are 3/3 type for a 1923 ARA type car. The onesĀ  I am having made are 3/4 type for 10' cars of the 30's. I might take the extra end set coming from him and create another mold/casting and remove one rib section. I would use a Red Caboose ARA(X29) box car as the core. Most of those Erie types had radial roofs when built. The roof obviously was replaced with a Murphy raised panel.

chadboas@...

Rich Christie