Re: Rapido Trains Single Sheath Outside Braced Box Car models

Brian Carlson

The models that show this are preproduction models.  I asked the same question to Rapido. I’ve been assured that the sheathing is being corrected.

Brian J. Carlson

On Mar 8, 2022, at 6:28 AM, robertb@... wrote:

Has anyone noticed the strange way that Rapido Trains is doing the wood sheathing on their single sheath outside braced box car models that they've announced. It was pointed out too me a couple of days ago by a friend of mine who is involved with tooling and selling models. If you look at this sample in this link:- USRA CPR "Clone" Boxcar - Freight Cars - HO scale - Rapido Trains Inc. you can see that the wood planks have been done in alternating patterns of some set against the braces and some inset. It just not this particular model, the other similar type models they have announced are the same. This is not how the planks are done on the prototype, so why are they doing this? Planks on the prototype can warp in service, but they aren't set in a pattern of one against the steel brace then the next one inset, etc, etc. It's similar to the Titchy USRA single sheath outside braced box car done years ago.
Robert Bogie

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY