Re: Crossposting

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Dave Nelson writes:

Regarding cross posting (i.e., posting messages simultaneously to this
list
and FC): I dunno what the list owner prefers, so Mike, speak up here, but
for myself, I *strongly* prefer people do not crosspost. With railroads &
ice hockey I get in excess of 100 e-mails a day right now
Hockey?

but that nonetheless, redundant messages are NOT welcomed by me.

I would think that, given the purpose of the STMFC, cross posting would be
kept at a minimum. I certainly don't advocate sending stuff to both sites.
If I wonder why an N&W hopper body is sitting behind a small bank in
Rawlins, WY, being used as a garbage disposal, I wouldn't inquire to the FC
but, would, instead, tweak those on the SMTFC...primarily because some might
find this interesting [ painfully, perhaps ] and someone in the group may
have actually been involved with having it put there. I said, BTW, IF I
wondered.....

Mike Brock
STMFC moderator