Re: Rapido Trains Single Sheath Outside Braced Box Car models

Ray Breyer

I believe that revising the siding boards is "steel safe", meaning it's a small milling and polishing job, rather than all new.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

On Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 07:48:22 PM CST, Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

They revise tools all the time. I don’t think the tools cost the same as the used to as far as project costs.

Brian J. Carlson

On Mar 8, 2022, at 8:41 PM, robertb@... wrote:

I realised that they are preproduction models, but that's interesting what they assured you of Brian, as that would mean they will have to retool several models to achieve that correction. That would affect the USRA SS Boxcar; USRA CPR Clone Boxcar and the SP B-50 Boxcar. Sounds like an expensive retooling job and incredible blunder to make.

Robert Bogie

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY