Re: Cable reel and cable barge was NRC wood sheathed reefer ID c1940-48

Robert kirkham

hi Ralph,

Well, looking at the 1941 Summary of Equipment for CPR, it would be in one of two 50+’ long series of cars starting 309XXX.  (I think the 8 hatch reefer to its right tells us its well over 43’).

My guess is 30992X, so one of the 5 cars in series 309925-309929, 54’ 5” long built in 1930.

I have not checked for additions to the roster after 1941, so not 100% certain.

Rob

On Mar 9, 2022, at 9:04 PM, Ralph W. Brown <rbrown51@...> wrote:

Hi Bruce, Rob, et al.,

Can anyone make the number on the CP well flat?  The best I can do is CP 50xxx.

Thanks,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...>
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:18 PM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] NRC wood sheathed reefer ID c1940-48

Well, that’s embarrassing,  Thanks for catching it Jack.

Rob
On Mar 9, 2022, at 12:41 PM, Jack Mullen <jack.f.mullen@...> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 10:52 PM, Robert kirkham wrote:
Here is a link to the larger image
But there is no link...
...and the small image is quite interesting.

Jack Mullen