Re: NRC wood sheathed reefer ID c1940-48

Robert kirkham

Thanks Allan - a nice sharp detail photo.  Surprisingly hard to find any of the 5400 number series.

Rob

On Mar 9, 2022, at 8:54 PM, Allan Smith <smithal9@...> wrote:

See Attached photo

On Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 07:05:47 PM PST, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

Thanks Roger.   I feel a project coming on . . .

Rob

On Mar 9, 2022, at 4:18 PM, ROGER HINMAN via groups.io <rhinman11@...> wrote:

There was no 7400 series in that time frame so looks like 5405 would be correct; that would make it Pullman Lot 5369, IRM has the drawings.

Roger Hinman

On Mar 9, 2022, at 4:50 PM, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

Its quite pixilated.  My guess would be 5405 or 7405.

Rob

On Mar 9, 2022, at 1:39 PM, ROGER HINMAN via groups.io <rhinman11@...> wrote:

My eyes are getting old, can anyone read the number on the car?; I may be able to verify the info Larry gave is correct for this particular car. A large amount of their wood cars were renumbered in the 1940s

Roger Hinman

On Mar 9, 2022, at 1:35 AM, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

I am looking for modelling options for this NRC wood reefer.  I don’t know much about the NRC line except what i’ve picked up reading on this list.   Searching the archives, most of the previous conversations tend to be about later composite or all steel cars, and so i am not sure where to start for this one.

Rob

<PastedGraphic-33.png>

<Roll-0204_Ogden_21-Sep-1946_014-X3.jpg>