Re: B & O Gondola Lettering

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

13 Great States to be on the car--sic---slogan was added to the logo around
1940-41 as applies to these cars. What changed in 1946 is that the
BALTIMORE AND OHIO moved to the center of the car<

Ok now I realize that we are talking about mill gons and not boxcars but
if I remember I was told that the 13 states emblem was way to late for my
era on the X29s. So are we saying B&O put the emblem on mill gons in the
'40-'41 period but not on boxcars until 5+ years later?

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
Digitrax DCC owner, Chief/Zephyr systems
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS