Re: Loading Finished Lumber

Tim O'Connor

It's just kraft paper - Yes, high quality millwork number that nowadays would be wrapped
with paper. It's being carefully stacked, too.

On 3/19/2022 3:00 PM, Charles Peck wrote:
Considering that the roof was covered as well, My guess is that it was for waterproofing.
Perhaps straight grain millwork grade lumber, high value?
Chuck Peck

On Sat, Mar 19, 2022 at 1:58 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

A photo from the UC Davis Library’s Digital Collections:

https://digital.ucdavis.edu/collection/eastman/D-051/P-1/P-1776

What caught my eye about this photograph is the elaborate protective lining in the boxcar.

I’ve never seen this before. Anyone know how common this was?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Sterling, Massachusetts