Re: other colour measures

Stafford Swain <sswain@...>

I acquired one of these chip swatches too in the CNR color study. It was cheaper than the PANTONE guide but there are far fewer colors and getting matches for anything is you truly want is well, unlikely.

Thanks for the comments on this subject thus far.

Has any one on the list tried to colour match with the Federal Standard 595
b standard colours? These are U.S. Federal government colours, used for
painting contractors. I'm told Canada has abandoned its own colours, and
uses the U.S. system now. I'm told the U.K. has a standard as well, but
these too are being superseded by the US F.S. colours. Apparently, these
chips are used in the model aviation field. As actual paint samples, they
are said to have an advantage over Pantone.

Comments?

Rob Kirkham
--
Stafford Swain