Re: Gon interior pt 1

Philip Dove

It's operable as long as you don't load it with gravel, coal, ore etc. As and when there are a surplus of Gondolas and capacity in repair facilities then repair it. Perhaps outside the STMFC era it would be classed as unsafe.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022, 15:30 Gatwood, Elden J SAD, <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Folks;

Thought you’d enjoy the attached and see if anyone had the guts to model it.

I talked to a few of my friends, and we think it is a bad repair of a burned-out wooden floor.  The MRY is south of the PRR/Mon, which hosted many mills producing hot steel products like ingots and hot coil.  Correspondence has many examples of burnt-out cars.

These bad boys look great in a train, and then as a set-out or action (fire-fighting) in an ops session.

I have a number of bed order cars.  They usually cause much consternation.

What are your thoughts on this cool car?

Elden Gatwood