Re: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Gon interior pt 1

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Jim;

It was far more than I certainly thought!

I think there was reluctance to (immediately) send the cars to a RIP track, because the guys who rounded up the gons were hoping they’d be accepted.  A load of structural steel did not necessarily need a tight floor.

You are right:  lawsuit-ready.

There were RIP tracks, and then there were RIP tracks.  I never saw 2 the same.

I suspect some of these pics were for documentation of damage to be submitted to the shipper.  Some were evidence for rebuilds.  Some are definitely wreck or shifter load pics.

Elden Gatwood