Sent: Monday, March 28, 2022 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Grain industry rolling loads

Clark
Yes, a move to an open track in town or just holding the cars for inspection would make sense.  While my comments were specifically about Kansas City; smaller county elevators also had the moisture content inspected prior to selling the grain.

During the initial discussion on ‘rolling loads’ lumber, produce and coal were mentioned. I’m familiar with the lumber and produce resells while enroute but I never saw this practice on the coal mines served by the Mopac or UP.

Was this a practice on the eastern mines?

Charlie

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 9:07 AM Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst=q.com@groups.io> wrote:
Charlie,
I bill my empty grain boxes to elevators to be divvied out as the train crew desires. Before pickup I add a waybill with a destination. Should I be just adding a card that says "For inspection"? I have an employee magazine from the late 50s showing a string of loaded box cars waiting for inspection and the RR's complaining about the per diem it's costing to have the cars sit waiting inspection.
Sure would be easier, quicker to just pull in a "for inspection" card than looking for one with a destination for each RR.
Clark

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.