Re: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Westerfield CB&Q XM-18 off the bench

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Nice job, Charlie!  Wash was very effective in bringing out detail.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Charlie Duckworth
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2022 4:21 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Westerfield CB&Q XM-18 off the bench

Here’s the Westerfield CB&Q XM-18 I’ve just finished.   Build was going good but some the decals started breaking up and had to be pieced together.   Next I’ll spray with Testors Decal coating.  Body color is TruColor CB&Q BCB lightened with ART yellow.  After decaling and Dullcote I used three different brown pencils to weather some the individual boards and used a black pencil in a few spots to add some depth  .  Close up shows I used a pin wash to bring out the bolt details.

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.