From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Scott
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2022 8:21 PM
To: Steam Era Freight Cars <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] New York Central well-hole car

I built this model of NYC well-hole car 499086 from a Quality Craft "1977 O Prestige Collector's Kit" after it had aged in several basements for 44 years.  Our list's "Quality Craft question" posts from last December were timely and most helpful - I ignored the kit's instructions to "Place the train line on both sides of the car" and I used kingpins to attach the trucks, as Ed Bommer suggested.  I made styrene replacements for the kit's paper parts and added uncoupling levers, brake beams and Precision Scale brake hoses.  I painted the car with MicroMark acrylics and weathered it lightly with AIM powders.

The car's removable load is based on a photo I found on the Fallen Flags website (www.rr-fallenflags.org/pc/pc768040g06.jpg).  I have no idea what the huge rings were for, but they make interesting cargo.

I have an album featuring some of my models on the first page of our photo section.  They're all O scale and include everything from scratchbuilds to modified RTR cars.  I hope you will enjoy looking through them.

Dick Scott