Re: ATSF 6145

Tim O'Connor

Andy

I don't agree. The C&BT has the correct ends and roof and the doors are a problem regardless of whose
kits you start with. I'd say for the *effort* (unless you are a Santa Fe perfectionist modeler) that the C&BT
offers the best "bang for the buck". (shortest path between two points, etc) :-)

I do have one of the Sunshine kits. It's in my "to keep" stash for now since these cars ran almost unchanged
well into the 1970's, although some received the post-1966 modernizations.

I have the CB&T kit too. I'll probably sell that one. :-D

Tim O'Connor

On 3/28/2022 6:45 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:
On Monday, March 28, 2022, 03:23:26 PM PDT, Dave Boss <daveboss1976@...> wrote:

         I'm pretty sure C&BT is a very close match to your photo Clark.

If we are not forgetting--an Athearn Blue Box 40'er is no worse than the CB&T! Some things we should simply move on from...

The best car for modeling the # 6145 would be a Branchline (Atlas) 40' box car. It has the correct end and would need a side sill replacement and a Red Caboose '37 AAR Murphy rect panel roof. Great end, best roof and industries best rivets, all a huge improvement over a CB&T.

-Andy Carlson

Sterling, Massachusetts