Re: DL&W Open Hoppers

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I don't know of anything specific in the model railroad enthusiast press, but perhaps this image below might provide a starting point for further input and discussion on the original question...

Date is given as 1930s-1940s

Quite a variety!

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] DL&W Open Hoppers

Brian,
     A few years back there was a magazine article that dove into your question. Now, could I remember where it appeared, no, but lean heavily towards RMC. The Tichy/Accurail USRA works, and surprisingly the TM/Walthers 36’ two bay as well. Now, one of the offset three bay hoppers also works, but I can’t recall which manufacturer. There was a slight deviation as to how the sides were done. Finally, we are fortunate that Shortline Model Products does great decals for these mentioned above. A word of note, the USRA two bay painted at Steamtown in Scranton is wrong.

Billy