Re: ATSF boxcar with grain doors

Tim O'Connor

One torn, one intact, seen from the interior - with steel banding holding it in place.

On 3/31/2022 5:12 PM, Ken Vandevoort wrote:
I only have one memory of paper grain doors.  My cousin and I built a club house on my uncle's property next to the Rock Island's K&D in Pella, Iowa during the 50's and that was where we watched trains.  The local was returning to Des Moines and there was a 40 ft. boxcar with the door open and the paper doors had been ripped open for unloading.  I guess it would be prototypical to leave the doors open if the car was empty and the ripped paper was still there.

Ken Vandevoort

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts